Wednesday 21 December 2016

We have hope. Rebellions are built on hope

I have seen it. It is quite brilliant: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story that is. I did a little triple somersault at the fleeting glimpses of Leia, CP-30 and R2-D2 - and the voice of Vader fantastic, like wine, it matures well.

I loved the line, 'We have hope. Rebellions are built on hope'. It sits for me with ease within the current political climate, as it does in the re-telling of the Christmas story. It is not for me to make connections between ancient gospel narratives and the canon of a galaxy far far away. But it does seem to me that we have forgotten that at the heart of the incarnation is a seditious truth: 'God makes all things new'. Of course, there are other components, just like the film was more than one quote.

But as I minister in Holyhead, as I have done elsewhere, hope is liberative and the possibility of new beginnings quite brilliant.

There is more to come... and in the meantime.... here I am practising my Jedi techniques, which bodes well given that Holyhead is a higher number of people claiming to follow the force that anywhere else in the UK


No comments:

Post a Comment