Friday 23 December 2016

Nothing to do with being naughty and nice really



I spent a wonderful morning at the Port in Holyhead. Being alongside Santa as he handed out chocolates and met staff of Stena was truly delightful.

Rather quickly people wondered whether I was there to hear confession so that people could get on to Santa's good list. After taking this in the main in a good humoured way, the cogs of my mind began to whir. Santa gives presents not rewards: where does the naughty and nice come from, other than from the song, I think by Slade. Most Christmas music of my youth seemed to have been performed by them.


I am not sure my parents ever gave presents more generously on my performance throughout the year. They gave out of their unconditional love and often out of what they had gone without.

Christmas is about giving. The recipient in someways in secondary.... Discuss


No comments:

Post a Comment