Sunday 9 July 2017

No longer Holy Island Vicar




It has been a blast. I hope mostly in a positive way.

In many ways it has been the best time of my ministry amongst wonderful people and in brilliant churches.

Following in the footsteps of saint of old, with the opportunity to write something new in the annals of the history of Holy Island. In the end, I did not do that, although as my wife has just pointed out, that is for others to judge.

I did infuriate some people, as has been said to me a number of occasions, 'it took me a while to get used to you...'.

I made some people laugh and cry... I encouraged others to doubt and also believe, reminding people that the two, faith and doubt are siblings.

I convinced people that things were possible and that they as people made in the image of God were able to do wonderful things... and they did... and will do so.

They have blessed me, and this afternoon I blessed my people as their vicar for the last time.

Keep safe, my friends

#holyislandvicarout #micdrop #smile

No comments:

Post a Comment