Friday 7 July 2017

for everything there is a time





This coming Sunday (9 July) at 4pm will be my last service as vicar, in Bro Cybi (Holy Island). You are more than welcome to come and join in worshipping God with me and some of my friends.

Holy Island is a fabulous place, encompassing Holyhead, which is the UK's second busiest port, as well as places with their own wonderful identities: Trearddur, Rhoscolyn, Four Mile Bridge.

It is called Holy Island and Holyhead used to be called Holyhead because its story is interwoven with the saints of old. Holyhead used to be one of the major places of pilgrimage, as pilgrims journeyed far and wide to see Cybi, a celtic monk and bishop. The Welsh name for Holyhead is Caergybi, meaning Cybi's fort.

It is not just Cybi, there are stories of Gwenfaen and Ffraid and others who are not known.

I hope you might consider joining me. Get to know the story of this beautiful place. I will alsways love Holy Island and its people as I learn new stories and songs of different saints on the north side of the Island, as well as writing my own stories as I worship alongside the saints of old.

No comments:

Post a Comment