Sunday 23 July 2017

Amlwch, Llanerchymedd, Moelfre, Llanwenwyllfo....ac mwy



Parting is difficult. I loved my time as the Vicar of Holy Island, and lets face it @holyislandvicar is perhaps one of the most cool twitter handles in the entirety of Christendom.

Here I am, I am about to become the Vicar of Bro Eleth, a geographical area that covers a lot of northern Ynys Mon (Anglesey).

It is a challenge.

I am a Sheffield boy. Sheffield is northern England's premier city. (You all know that this is true). I am now in an area where I am more likely to encounter sheep in the road than wait for a considerable time at a roundabout.

I am from the wrong side of the dyke (Offa's that is). I am an Englishman, although with a Yorkshire prefix. I have been learning Welsh attentively for under 3 years and here I am about to be incumbent in a place where Welsh is the first language of many.

And, yet it seems right in its glorious inconsistency.

Tomorrow evening at about 19:50yh/pm, I will cease to be the Vicar of Holy Island and I will slip metaphorically through the wardrobe into an entirely different world

No comments:

Post a Comment