Tuesday 11 April 2017

Remembering: the essence of being in the moment

I am not young anymore. I was not young a couple of weeks ago. I had a brilliant celebration on All Fools Day. I was two days late to be born really



I loved my friends and family being there. My brother (@hedgerow_si) was brilliant in co-ordinating things with Jen. Friends came from Brum, Maryport, Cheltenham - even Lancashire. Family and Friends help you remember; remember things you would rather forget. That is why they are important. Sometimes we need to be in a safe place to confront who and what we are. Some of us even need to embrace the fact that we are loved.

I am remembering a lot this week, as I journey through Holy Week. On Thursday evening at St Cybi's, I will break bread and share wine with people of faith. I will wash feet. I will keep watch and probably fail to last out as long as I should.In washing feet, I will remember that Jesus came to serve, not to be served. I will remember that God touches the human... and offers to hold us all in the divine embrace.

Remembering helps us to be who we are

No comments:

Post a Comment