Saturday 18 March 2017

Living in the moment

This is my third Lenten 'Moment' blog, going alongside 'Rooted in' and 'Missing the'.

I am not a fan of just doing it. My introverted thoughtfulness wants some solitude and additional time for thinking before action takes place, but that is the point of attempting to live in the moment. I do not imagine that living in the moment means that you do not pay attention to either prayer or thoughtfulness.

In the building where Julie Moss, myself and countless others learn Welsh, the upstairs has become the Bangor University Centre of Mindfulness. I enquired of my class mates what this was (yn Gymraeg wrth cwrs) what mindfulness actually is. As it was explained to me, I thought that it appears to be akin to what Brother Lawrence was doing centuries ago, and recorded in his Practice of the Presence of God.

Living in the moment is not some frothy living for now, rather it is an awareness of what has gone before, and that there is still much more to come.

Often I look at my hounds to understand what living in the moment is

 and still often I turn to the Scriptures which for me encourage living in the moment, rather than  living for now

No comments:

Post a Comment