Saturday 24 June 2017

Books... I am getting rid of a few

I am in the midst of packing. I am taking the opportunity of going through each book shelf courageously, and rather than allowing nice folks from the removal company to pack, I am placing them in the boxes themselves, and getting rid of some - where they are going has not quite been determined. I have a shed load of books from the time of my PhD which was awarded in 1995. I lots from my ordination training (1999-2001). I have lots about Wales, Welshness, Liberation theology... and for a particularly peculiar reason about two dozen commentaries on the Revelation to St John the Divine.

Each book might be considered an old friend. Might be considered. Some are in a condition of newness and look like they have not been read, which is largely because they have not. I will still take too many.

But this time, they might reflect who I am: a scholar priest, with a love for Wales and a longing to speak articulately in the context that I find myself.

Another box awaits... and books silently whispering, read me, read me please....

No comments:

Post a Comment